7mm Police

justramit

Hey guys I bought a 700 Police in 7mm mag from a guy on gunbroker. I just got the gun and noticed it has copper wash in the end of the barrel. This gun was advertised as a new gun in the box. Other than the copper wash in the barrel, it looks new. Could this just be from them fireing it at the factory? Or has this gun been used?

Justin

May just be factory proof firing? I have quite a few rifles with fouling straight out of the box.

I have the same rifle as you, 7RM PSS, and it IS the most accurate rifle I have. Don't dismiss it yet.

I loaded up some 180gr bergers with some retumbo in some new nosler cases and got it shooting .4's @ 100yds already. This is with no brass prep using an old lee classic loader ;)

Nice results! I've found the 7mm Rem mag pretty easy to work with as a handloader. Had a 700 Sendero 7mm mag for a few years that was very accurate. A little heavy for a general purpose hunting rifle, but great for longish range shooting. I think you're going to like that rifle. I got my best results with 160 - 175 gr bullets and Reloader 22. Never tried the custom 180's that were coming on the scene.

Regards, Guy

Warning! This thread is more than 17 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.