7mm mag

I used my 7mm Rem Mag for 600 yd competition matches at my sportsman club in IL. I started reloading for my weatherby 7mm Rem Mag back in 2010. I had the same problem and found that I could get about 4-5 reloads out of the brass. I would re-size the neck starting with the 1st reload. By the 2nd I would re-size the whole brass. By the 3rd I would need to trim the neck for length. I used different color permanent markers to track age. I found by the time I got to 5 or more the neck brass was very thin and started splitting very often. I will caution you about loading too "hot" of a cartridge. You will use up your barrel much faster with hot loads.

Well that's what I'm starting to think to but I like this particular rifle it shoots very well and is pretty light
I was being a little sarcastic. Don't get too caught up in the world of speed. Accuracy above all, in my honest opinion. Some guys have given you excellent advice on trying heavier bullets. It's all advice I didn't care to listen to when I first started reloading for my first 7 mag. I finally slowed it down, and the benefits have been great. A couple hundred feet per second doesn't mean squat. If it does, then you need a bigger cartridge. Just saying.

Here's a 500 yard target from the other day. I can't believe they made it there only going 2950 fps. Lol.
175 gr ELDX
66.6 grains of H1000
WLRM primer
Norma Brass
.030" off the lands
26" X-Caliber Barrel (1:8 Twist 5r rifling)

Attachments

• Resized_20180713_122032_1827.jpeg
    Resized_20180713_122032_1827.jpeg
    341.6 KB · Views: 252
Last edited:
Warning! This thread is more than 6 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.