7mm lee neck die

****, I wish someone would have told me before I resized all those 1000's of 6.5 rem mag, 7 mag, 300 win mags and 338 win mags with Lee Collets and Redding Body Dies!

New Shooter,
That is actually an awesome way to size the brass.
You are off to a good start.

"I WAS TOLD BY SOME ONE THAT WITH A BELT CASE I COULD NOT? "

No case body - rimmed, rimless or belted - is bright enough to know if it's being sized in a body die or FL die. Nor does a neck know if it's being sized in a FL die, a conventional neck die or a Lee collet neck die.

You should take any further comments from that "someone" with large grains of salt. His problem isn't what he doesn't know but the part of what he "knows" that's wrong.

Last edited:
"I WAS TOLD BY SOME ONE THAT WITH A BELT CASE I COULD NOT? "

No case body - rimmed, rimless or belted - is bright enough to know if it's being sized in a body die or FL die. Nor does a neck know if it's being sized in a FL die, a conventional neck die or a Lee collet neck die.

You should take any further comments from that "someone" with large grains of salt. His problem isn't what he doesn't know but the part of what he "knows" that's wrong.

Thanks for your help. Do you neck size ? I am eather going to you a Lee neck sizer & redding body die or a redding neck sizer & redding body die. What your take. Joe

Warning! This thread is more than 15 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.