7mm/284 Win with 200gr ULD RBBT?

casspir

I was introduced to F Class Open a while ago. Most guys use a 7mm/284win with 180gr Berger`s VLD to 1000yrds at 2870 fps. After reading about Kirby Allens 7mm Allen Magnum with 200gr ULD RBBT bullets with a .900 bc, I`m ready to try them out. Does any one have any experience regarding this bullets? How will perform in a 7WSM? Not particularly fond of velocity over 3000 fps. With a bigger heavier bullet in the 7mm WSM, I think it would give ulitmate performance.

With a 200gr bullet the 7mm/284 Win might become to slow for the 1000 yrds.(?) The 7mm WSM is to fast with a 180 gr Berger (for me) and barrel life expectation not too long. However, that said, with a 200 gr bullet it might be just under 3000 fps with great ballistics.

Would like the pro`s comments on this.:rolleyes:

Last edited:
If your talking about the wildcat bullets they are no longer available. Long story short but new owners MAY have them back in production but not soon. While building a gun around a single bullet seems like a good idea many people here got burnt doing that! This isn't a slam on wildcat bullets new or old, just a risk you should be aware of.

Two questions:

Does your 7WSM bbl have a twist rate that will stabilize the big 200 ULD?

Are you sure that using a 200gr bullet, rather than the 180gr bullet will increase barrel/throat life?

I'd suspect that a heavier bullet would allow for a longer dwell time for peak temp/pressure at the throat as the heavier bullet gets moving but I could be totally wrong about this.

I would be interested in more informative opinions regarding throat/bbl life VS bullet weight.

Last edited:
If your talking about the wildcat bullets they are no longer available. Long story short but new owners MAY have them back in production but not soon.

Actually, the 200gr 7mm IS in production at this time. I shipped 600 of them out yesterday. Once we get caught up with the orders for them and have a few thousand in inventory, we'll start making the 270 169.5's again. Then, the 264's, 257's, 338's, 50cals, 375's, 243's, .204's, 17's ,etc.

We are waiting for the ATF to approve our address change so we can move into a bigger building where we can hire more people to increase our production rate.

Wildcat good to hear your catching up. What is the going bribe rate to get the 338s and 375s bumbed ahead of the 25s and 6'5s. Good luck with the ATF I am still waiting over 5 months for a couple form 4's.

Hey Wildcats'

Do you have a website ? Can you give out a phone number ? If not then can you call me.

928-699-8560

Steve

Warning! This thread is more than 15 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.