700 yard Q for Kirby

NONYA

Finally got a wind free morning on my new 700 yard range so I adjusted my 700 yard windage,took 6 clicks left to get it centered,now Im apprx. 1.75" Left at 100.Would you split the diff or leave it as is?I have no plan of shooting a lope under 500 and deer will probably be 300+,dont think there will be a short range issue that 1.75 will cause.gun)

Sounds like a scope alignment issue to me...

To answer your question, I'd leave it alone for now, but definately get it fixed when you have the time. I dont think 1.75" is going to hurt a 10" zone at 100 or 200. I'd rather be on at 400-500 if thats the distance you plan on shooting. If that makes any sense.

were you shooting through a canyon or over a valley where the bullet flight gets several feet in the air? If so the wind patterns can change a little with some elevation depending on the terrain you are shooting in.

I would also leave it where it is. In fact I would zero the windage at the longest range you will be shooting at if past 700 yards.

1.75" at 100 yards will mean nothing and it will only get closer to your line of sight at the range increases so the error will actually get less and less.

Unless your taking a neck shot on a doe at 100 yards, I suspect you will never be able to tell any difference.

Thats what I was thinking,its not going to make a diff on a 100 yard shoulder shot so no biggy,but a little bit off at 700 could cost me a shot.Im going to work out to 800 but dont plan on shooting game any further than 700,Im not so sure the terminal velocity at 800 will be enough for a clean kill.Thanx

Warning! This thread is more than 16 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.