700 SPS to BDL

morgaj1

I've searched and confused myself. If I convert an SPS with blind magazine to a BDL hinged floor plate, do I need to purchase a spring, internal box and follower in addition to bottom metal? Or, can I use the spring, internal box and floorplate from the blind magazine? Is there anything else I need to purchase (obviously a stock with the correct cutout)?

Last edited:
I have used the spring, plate and box from an ADL with a BDL bottom metal in a Bell and Carlson stock. I think I had to stretch the spring a little, it's been a while. Never had feeding issues.

Thanks for the help. To clarify, I got my terminology wrong. What I have is an ADL with a blind magazine. I ended up purchasing a Hawkins BDL bottom metal and Remington BDL internal box all from Red Hawk Rifles. The spring and follower from the ADL for fine in this set up.

I had an sps adl in 223 and 308 bdl complete bottom metal. I used the box, follower, and spring from the 223 and the bottom metal from the 308. The 223 adl box was just a touch taller than the 308 bdl box. I wanted to shoot right away, so I got out the dremel...caveman I know. I had to trim about a 1/16th of an inch off the bottom of the internal box; I had the right size box right next to it to copy size. If it hadn't worked I would have ordered the right one.

I had an sps adl in 223 and 308 bdl complete bottom metal. I used the box, follower, and spring from the 223 and the bottom metal from the 308. The 223 adl box was just a touch taller than the 308 bdl box. I wanted to shoot right away, so I got out the dremel...caveman I know. I had to trim about a 1/16th of an inch off the bottom of the internal box; I had the right size box right next to it to copy size. If it hadn't worked I would have ordered the right one.
A belt sander is another easy way to shorten the ADL mag box. I've had to shorten a factory BDL box also due to binding issues in a rifle.

Warning! This thread is more than 4 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.