700 ADL to BDL

tayhot

My question is what parts are needed to take an 700 action that is currently in an ADL stock (no bottom magazine) and install in a new stock that is BDL (bottom magazine plate)

I am assuming the bottom magazine plate is what is the difference between to models.

My question is what parts are needed to take an 700 action that is currently in an ADL stock (no bottom magazine) and install in a new stock that is BDL (bottom magazine plate)

I am assuming the bottom magazine plate is what is the difference between to models.

The ADL mag box is a little longer than the BDL and needs to be replaced with a BDL mag box
or cut down.

Also you may have to remove the front trigger guard screw boss on the ADL action to clear the
BDL mag box. (test fit it first).

Make sure that the mag box is not in compression(To Long) when you assemble the action to
the floor plate. (This will effect the accuracy if it is binding).

J E CUSTOM

You may also find that the front action screw on the ADL is shorter than on the BDL.
On my Rem 700 stainless/synthetic (the original plastic stock, stainless action) the front action screw is recessed in the stock quite a bit and is almost too short to use with a BDL floorplate.

Warning! This thread is more than 13 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.