700 adl 300 mag concersion to bdl

82bluestang

I have a REM 700 adl 300 win mag and I was wondering what it would take to fit it with a box mag and a bell and carlson medalist stock any help would be great thanks
Matt

Im no expert, but Im doing the same thing with a rem 700 adl 7mm mag. From cheap synthetic to a b & c Medallist Tactical.. I spoke to the Stockys Stock lady and she said they offer two types of stocks, one that has the cut out in the stock for the magazine buttons on the "side" and on stock without the cutouts for the hinged floorplate, (button by triggerguard). Make certain you call them and discuss the details before ordering.

Been there done that but with a 721 .06 got it in my old syn 7mm rem mag stock. Get the BDL stock, hinged floor plate, 2 new alin screws The box and spring you already got. Or you can realy spring for it and get the detachable mag witch I think it would need to be inleted but nice. Iam getting the Heritage Classic Sporter Stock hard wood laminated for my .308. Bring it in and have it piller bedded with a hinged floor plate. I can inlet the detach. mag lator date when funds let me play agine. It is in a that cheep plastick DM stock right now.

If you are getting a stock made for the BDL, all you need do is order a BDL floor plate and a BDL magazine box. Floor plate $82.00, Magazine Box $10.00 plus shipping from Midway. If you are fairly good with tools, you can cut the ADL magazine box to fit. Just finished the very same conversion. Nothing to it. Or if you want a detachable box, you can get one from Cabela's for around $90.00. That includes the new floor plate. It comes with a 4 round magazine. They also have a 10 round option.

Last edited:
Fleabay and other classifieds will net you a used floorplate and probably the magnum box to go with it if you ask nicely... Your done... The kwiklip from cabela feeds slicker than snot if you want a flush detachable mag...

M

Warning! This thread is more than 13 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.