7 saum, 168 VLDs and 4831sc

i do realize i am not directly addressing your qiestion, but i get 3260 in 300 wsm, 26 " benchmark barrel, reloader 22 and 168 barnes ttsx. would think re 22 would be a great load for saum.
I think if you planned to use the RE22 ONLY from say 50F down to 20F it would be ideal….I load the 168 TTSX in a 300 WSM as well. 3200 FPS from a 22" barrel. It has wicked performance!!

Been using a 7 SAUM for 5 years now with great results. Before bullets and powder went extinct I had tried 140, 154, 162, 168 and 180s using 4831sc, Reloader 22, Reloader 19, Reloader 16, Varget and Enduron 7977 all with varying degrees of success.
After extensive testing I chose Enduron 7977 for the simple fact that it is ridiculously consistent and working up a load is extremely easy; fill the case with powder and change seating depth to get your groups where you want. You may give up 100fps but the consistency is amazing.
For my rig, setting the bullets deep works best.

This is the exact combo I plan to use in my 7 SAUM once finally built. I've never used H4831SC before, but have heard great things about it. Fortunately, I've been able to find plenty of the shelves lately.

I'm very old fashioned and haven't changed many of my loads for classic calibers since reading Jack O'Connor's load recommendations decades ago. However I also load for my son's rifles including a Wby 257, a 375 H&H, and a double 450/400. For ***** and giggles we tried a few loads for his 257 with Hodgdon 50BMG. We were pleasantly surprised. His groups tightened up to bugholes at 200 yards and his velocity spreads were in single digits. We did lose a couple hundred feet of velocity but the 257 with 110 grain Accubonds had ample velocity to begin with so the improved accuracy was a great trade off. I am planning to experiment with the 50BMG powder in a few of my other rifles. I only mention this to see if any of the more experienced forum members have had similar experiences. And have any of you tried using the 50BMG powders as substitutes for the Reloader 15 conversions in the big doubles?

I am very close to a solid load in my 7mm SAUM with 150 TTSX bullets. If I get the accuracy I am looking for I may switch loads for this rig….

Thanks everyone for your input. I have gained a lot of confidence in my initial choice of 4831sc. I will be breaking in the barrel in a few hours and shooting a few groups to get an idea of how this combo looks in this rifle. Will report back later.