7 mm on the 300 winchester

He is asking about the 7mm-300wm..

If you are going to shoot 160's then just go with the 7 mag..

Now if you want to shoot heavy bullets with a high BC to reach way out there,then the 7-300 makes sense.

I get 3160 with 180's in my 7-300 and would expect you could get the same.

He is asking about the 7mm-300wm..

If you are going to shoot 160's then just go with the 7 mag..

Now if you want to shoot heavy bullets with a high BC to reach way out there,then the 7-300 makes sense.

I get 3160 with 180's in my 7-300 and would expect you could get the same.

That is why I ask so I do not misconstrue as noted. If that is the case, I'd skip the 160-180 and take advantage of Berger's 195, with 1:8" twist barrel ... but that's just me. It would make an awesome LRH rig. For 160-180, I'd stay with 7MM Rem Mag.

Attachments

• 7mm-300 WM.JPG
    7mm-300 WM.JPG
    11.6 KB · Views: 97
I only deciphered it because he sent me a PM asking about the 7-300..But like his post I don't quite understand exactly what he is asking..

I have sent a PM back asking for clarification..

Trying to help,but not sure what he wants..lightbulb

I only deciphered it because he sent me a PM asking about the 7-300..But like his post I don't quite understand exactly what he is asking..

I have sent a PM back asking for clarification..

Trying to help,but not sure what he wants..lightbulb

Likewise!

That is why I included a custom query snap shot in hopes he'll use the tool to perhaps find some answers to his own query since it yielded 2,230 results.

Warning! This thread is more than 9 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.