7-08 loads, New Bergara Ridge

If anyone is interested I done a very informal test to chrony the 145 gr Speer SBT with StaBall 6.5 and H-100V. Too much snow and cold to do any accuracy testing where I live. The components were 145 Speer spt -CCI-250 -Hornady case and oal 2.763. The rifle Custom Kimber- 24" Benchmark 1/9 twist 5R rifling.
50 gr StaBall-- 3012 ft/sec
49 grs H-100V --2992 ft/sec
These were safe loads in my rifle and I believe I could safely increase the loads by 1 gr.
H-100V is a powder that really has my interest. Never hear much about this powder. Really anxious to try later this summer for accuracy. JME
That is some darn good MV's. Let us know how tight they group.

If anyone is interested I done a very informal test to chrony the 145 gr Speer SBT with StaBall 6.5 and H-100V. Too much snow and cold to do any accuracy testing where I live. The components were 145 Speer spt -CCI-250 -Hornady case and oal 2.763. The rifle Custom Kimber- 24" Benchmark 1/9 twist 5R rifling.
50 gr StaBall-- 3012 ft/sec
49 grs H-100V --2992 ft/sec
These were safe loads in my rifle and I believe I could safely increase the loads by 1 gr.
H-100V is a powder that really has my interest. Never hear much about this powder. Really anxious to try later this summer for accuracy. JME
I was at 49.0 with StaBall, 2.757 oal, got pressures. Bolt swipe, and flat primers. Horrible groups. Tried different primers, and brass, no difference. Very finicky. Velocity seems good on your end. I'm aborting it for now, may revisit at another time. Very content with the RL16. Readily avail too!

I will let you guys know how I make out with the accuracy but will be a good while as I'm waist deep in snow. The vel #'s for H-100V surprised me. As I posted the H-100V really interests me.

We used to have a Rem 700 we used for Silhouette and also a Sako we used for hunting, they both liked IMR-4985, sub half MOA groups with 150gr bullets, we were close to 2,700 fps on one rifle ans abover on the other rifle.

A load like these with 150gr bullets are good out to 550 yds for hunting and even further for target and steel.

For a while we used the 168gr Sierra Matchking HPBT before changing to the 150gr version.

In this cartridge you can definitely go heavy and for both hunting and target, the162gr Amax is a great combo and good out to 600+ yds when pushed at a about 2,600 fps. The ELD-X could also work great, is has a very similar BC that's just slightly higher than the Amax. Wont have to worry about bullet blow up at the speed of this cartridge. For steel and target at longer ranges the 162gr ELD-M will work great.

I'm working on a load for some 150gr Ballistic Tips and 154gr SST's I have, I'll be trying IMR-4895 and IMR-4064. Tried a couple of reloader powders and they did not group well. I might also try 4451, so will see what happens.

Warning! This thread is more than 5 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.