6x45 / .243-.223 / Information Please

8 twist. Velocities were as a rule of thumb basically 100fps more than what I'd get from a .223 with a bullet 10 grains lighter. So just as an example (I don't recall any specifics off the top of my head, haven't shot it in a long time) if I get 3300 with a 55gn in a .223, I can see 3400 with the 6x45 with a 65gn bullet. It's really sweet with 85's.

image.jpg image.jpg 80gr Speer SP from water filled pumpkin test. 1st pumpkin destroyed dime size entrance on second with bullet stuck in rearwall of 2nd water filled pumpkin. Repeated 2x with exact results. Bullet holds up well at this velocity. 80yds

6x45AR upper with 20" shilen from Dtech 1:10twist

I shoot a 80gr Speer SP @ approx 2800fps getting sub moa groups at 100. I know better accuracy is achievable but I have 600 of the 80gr Speer that I wanted to load for a hunting round.

I've shot 5wt, 1 blackbuck doe and a coyote. It's done well on them all most fall DRT or drop within 20yds. Furthest shot was a WT spike at 175yds. He flipped backwards and DRT. Bullet going through both shoulders. All bullets have exited.
James

Warning! This thread is more than 7 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.