6MM Rem. in Remington 700 VLS

TheMoose

I was just given what appears to be an almost new Remington 700 VLS chambered in 6MM Remington..Does anyone have experience with a similar unit.. I'm interested in learning what bullet/powders combinations that you found it liked... twist is 1 in 9". Only info I got with it was that it liked 95 gr projectiles and IMR4831... I was thinking of Berger 95 gr VLD's for hunting, but was also interested in a lighter bullet for groundhog hunting... any help would be greatly appreciated.

TheMoose

I was just given what appears to be an almost new Remington 700 VLS chambered in 6MM Remington..Does anyone have experience with a similar unit.. I'm interested in learning what bullet/powders combinations that you found it liked... twist is 1 in 9". Only info I got with it was that it liked 95 gr projectiles and IMR4831... I was thinking of Berger 95 gr VLD's for hunting, but was also interested in a lighter bullet for groundhog hunting... any help would be greatly appreciated.

TheMoose

The 1 in 9 is a great twist for any bullet you want to shoot.

Try different bullets and find the load/ bullet weight it likes.

The 6mms that have the 1 in 12 twist are the ones that give the most trouble.

Yours should do fine.

J E CUSTOM

Warning! This thread is more than 14 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.