6mm Rem best powder and barrel length

I think it was a (internet-substantiated) rumor back before the Rona. I've bought a bunch of it since that came out, so I'm guessing they're still making it. Gotta buy kegs because pounds don't even last one loading session 🤣

It fills up a 26 Nosler case easily, I can't imagine a situation where it would be the best choice in a standard bolt face short action case.
Ah gotcha. I tried it once because I came into a pound of it very cheap. I don't have anything that it makes sense in tho, did load up some .300 win mag and, crushing like 80 odd grains of it, could only get a 208 bthp to 2600 fps or so. Sooty as all get out. Just too slow for that use. BUT it was interestingly enough very tight es numbers and cloverleaf accurate, not one ragged hole yet but getting close.

Bear in mind that this depends on another 6mm Rem test that I've got to do first.
What would you expect to be the best 6mm bullet, barrel length, and powder for accuracy and long range hunts (500 max probably) unless I get a big surprise.Barrel length not a real problem because being shot from elevated box blinds.
Pau
Bear in mind that this depends on another 6mm Rem test that I've got to do first.
What would you expect to be the best 6mm bullet, barrel length, and powder for accuracy and long range hunts (500 max probably) unless I get a big surprise.Barrel length not a real problem because being shot from elevated box blinds.
Paul
Paul
The man who used to work with John burns at greybull precision told me they shots 50 grains of retumbo in their 243 guns and it worked great so I tried it . It was one of the best shooting loads I've had in my 6 mm Remingtons and I have 4 of them . H4831 is my go to now since retumbo got to be hard to get using 105 bergers I've killed pigs out to 600 yds works really well. David

I asked because I'm looking for a use for it too. It works pretty well in my 7/300 Valkyrie. It's pretty accurate but even in an overbored 30+" barrel it still doesn't do what I expected. I didn't do very much testing with it to be fair. I found 7828 to be like it was made with my rifle in mind.ive got some of the others mentioned so I'll have enough to keep me busy.
Thanks, Paul

Is the cartridge you refer to here the same thing more or less as the 7mm practical and/or 7mm-300 win mag?

Also good to hear about the 7828. It's an oldie but a goodie and in some rifles it's simply the best. With ordinary cup and core bullets of 100 grains, 7828 and my .257 weatherby are a match made in Heaven.

Is the cartridge you refer to here the same thing more or less as the 7mm practical and/or 7mm-300 win mag?

Also good to hear about the 7828. It's an oldie but a goodie and in some rifles it's simply the best. With ordinary cup and core bullets of 100 grains, 7828 and my .257 weatherby are a match made in Heaven.
7828 also works in my 300UM Sendero.

I'd say H4831 & H4350 and all the barrels you can get up to 27" or 28" inches, it'll scream with the longer barrel. I think Fred Huntington & Mike Walker would agree, although it does very well from a 24-inch, and better with the 26-inch barrel. I re-barreled a Ruger M77 in the 70s with a Hart 27" inch barrel in 6mm Remington and it was crazy accurate and "fast" as H! Just my 0.2 Cheers.