6mm bullets for hunting

Currently running the Berger 108 elite hunters and love them. Killed a couple coues deer, several Javelina, a whitetail, and a cow elk with them last year. Prior to these I ran the 108 eldm and wasn't really impressed with the few animals I took with them. Just my .02

For instance my 6mm creedmoor I use the 108 eldm. I hunt sheep so not as strong as let's say an elk. I haven't shot farther than 300 yds so I can't speak for long range as I'm still breaking the barrel in. Im using 42 gr H4350 in Lapua brass, sighted it in at 50 yds, 100 yds, 200 yds then at 300 yds. Best group at 300 yds was 2.5" which is ok with only 40 or so shots on virgin brass and the only load I made. Packing up a herd of sheep decides to cross the edge of the shooting range and I take two ewes for dinner at 90 yds and the other standing just in front the 300 yd target. Both broadside and 4" exit holes breaking both shoulders. I will be playing with a load ladder pushing to see the max and seating depth with the next 50 pcs. Very happy so far with the results. This is just one bonus to have a shooting range in a hunting area!! Aloha

Nevada..mostly open Desert, rimrock, juniper I will be using a 6mm Creedmoor. Mule Deer and Antelope
You should be just fine. If you can find some Berger 108 elite or 115 VLD that are awesome choices too. If you can't then any hammer bullet will have excellent results. You have a choice of lighter at warp speed or a bit heavier to resist wind deflection but no matter your choice you will be surprised with the hammers devastation. I made the mistake earlier of having a long range setup 270 wsm with 170 gr EOL capable of killing past a 1000 yds and practiced every chance I could. I was so confident went out hunting and shot my first 10-15 animals under 200 yds!! Go figure!! We all want that long range capabilities but we have to be honest. After switching to 116 gr hammer hunters it's a LAZER and flattens animals. I call my tikka "hoofs" because that all what we look for after the dust clears. Hoofs in the air!!

When shooting Mule deer does in the orchards with kids a 6br and a 75 speer HP. Most are neck shots to 100 yards, past that just above the elbow to 200.

Took a few Midwest whitetail does with the 108 elite hunters around 200 yards. Probably golf ball sized exit and worked well. No complaints from me.