6br dasher=unbelievable performance!

Thanks for the info. I just bought the redding comp dies with the sleeves a week ago and I was thinking the same thing. I just didn't know if you could buy extra sleeves. These redding comp dies are the best i ever used. The dasher will be my choice. I am going to order a reamer tomorrow. I will need all the help I can get to push those 100 grain .224's. I think with the dasher in a 28 inch barrel ,I should be able to push the 100's around 2900 to 3000 fps. What do you think. I want the same thing as you for 1000 yard cartidge, little powder, good brass, great accuracy, little recoil, wind bucker. The 22 dasher with 100 grainer might work. If it works half as good as your 6 dasher I will be happy. Thank you for you info its really helped me in my decision.

[ QUOTE ]
Would there be any benefit in sleeving my .308?

[/ QUOTE ]

It never hurts, but one word of advice. If you are going to sleeve it, and you also want it accurized someday, you had better get it accurized first because most gunsmiths will just laugh at the very thought of trying to blueprint the action after the fact. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/laugh.gif

Brian. Thanks.

GG. Yep it would be an overhaul most likely. Rechamber to .308 AI. Blueprint with some extras and sleeving the action. This is just a loose thought running around in my head at this point.

4Ked horn: I would not do that. I would keep the action to play sniper or sell it. Do yourself a BIG favor and get a custom action. You will never regret it. Ever time I go to town and visit the pawnshops and look around I see trued REMs that guy put a lot of money in and never get back close to what they've got in them. I know as I've got a trued XP-100 that's sleeved. My motto is never get into something that somebody else won't want (a lot of somebodies). The custom actions are not that way. Buy a used BR and re-barrel. A great way to save mega bucks. Check out the Shooters Corner on the web. Lots of great used rifles at good prices. I've got a Hall action that has the .473" bolt face w/extractors for PPC and the .473" cases. Good way to go as you get a lot more bang for the buck (pun intended). Anyway just my two cents! /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif

Blanking = extrusion of the primer cup thru the firing pin hole.

IOW--blowing a chunck of primer rearward letting a firing-pi-sized-hole in the primer.

JB

[ QUOTE ]
Ever time I go to town and visit the pawnshops and look around I see trued REMs that guy put a lot of money in and never get back close to what they've got in them.

[/ QUOTE ]

That is definetely true if you are just looking in pawn shops, but then anything you sell to a pawn shop is going to not give you back what you have into it.

Put your trued Rem on a forum like this, or in the "in" crowd circuit and it will sell like hotcakes! One really good place is the member classified's for the VHA. There are tons of people looking to get in the sport every day and they have money burning a hole in their pocket. They want a blueprinted 700 but don't want to wait for a gunsmith to do the magic. Sell to one of these guys and you can get more than what you had into it sometimes.

Shooters' Corner Bob White the owner and many times past president of the IBS will welcome the news. Please look through the long pages of used rifles and take a peek at what this gear goes for on the used market. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/wink.gif I think it maybe an eye opener for you! P.S. Bob is one fine guy to deal with, just don't shoot against him in a match! /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif

no i did not read the whole thread, but you have me confused.
the thread says dasher and that is a SPCIFIC CARTRIDGE,
it is not a 6br improved...best guess would be a 6br ackly improved , or one of the families of "6BRA's"
i have a dasher and yes a great 600/1000 yard light rifle for target work