6ARC bolt action pet load?

Leverevolution seems to be very forgiving for me, over 4 rifles, 29.6-30grns has been spectacular, with 105-108 Bergers, that's been in converted Starline brass or fireformed Lapua 220 Russian brass.
I have a picture from one of them, I actually sold this one to another forum member. It was a build, off a Ruger American 6.5 Grendel, with a Preferred prefit and XRS chassis, 3 shots checking the 100yrd zero before hunting season. 108 Elite hunters, Lapua 220 Russian brass, CCI 450s, and 29.6grns of Leverevolution. 2871fps

Attachments

• 20211114_152522.jpg
    20211114_152522.jpg
    159.4 KB · Views: 39
I have one the mini's that came with the Vortex 6-18x scope; like it pretty good so far for what it is and its purpose. Dedicated truck gun. It does have a weird 'tuning fork' ring after each shot. Have only reloaded the 75 grain Speer hollow point. It shoots best with a max load of xterminator at 2.115" oal. Haven't had it over a chrony. Wrecks prairie dogs.

Anyone ever used 8208 with 90-95 grain bullets? I shot it today, not the fastest, but one holed a four shot group. If you've used it pls share your bullet weights.
I have been using xbr with 108 eldm's. It hasn't shot a 5 shot group over an inch yet. It's a little on the slow side at the moment .7gr below max but it has some pretty good primer flow but no pressure signs. I will be sending my bolt off to get bushed which I believe will allow me to push it a little faster. At the current charge it's only shooting about 2625fps with a 20" barrel. At max it was around 2740fps if I remember correctly. It'll be a few weeks til I get the bolt back. But will update when I do.

Starline Just opened up 6.5 grendel backorders a few days ago, my case has already shipped.

And of course they announced 6ARC headstamped brass coming this summer the day after I ordered. I'd have just kept running the 400 converted starline grendel brass I already have till I was able to get 6ARC starline if I knew that. Oh well, grendel brass shoots great, and I don't have one so not worried about getting them mixed up and sending a 6mm bullet through a can in a grendel.

What are you all getting on reloads with Hornady vs Starline resized?
In a gas gun I am seeing about 4 reloads before it is done and maybe 6 in a bolt gun with Hornady 6ARC head stamped brass.

What are you all getting on reloads with Hornady vs Starline resized?
In a gas gun I am seeing about 4 reloads before it is done and maybe 6 in a bolt gun with Hornady 6ARC head stamped brass.
I've only loaded the starline I have once so far, but I know somebody else running starline converted grendel @29 gr CFE under a 108 eldm. Said the necks were splitting right around 17x, and has a bunch of brass with 10x. He said it looks like 15x will be about where he scraps his with that load. 3.2 cents per load on brass buying new cases direct.

Annealing every time or close to it, which I plan to do anyway, but impressive. That, plus being able to get single digit SD easily with the starline has pretty much killed my desire to splurge for peterson when it is finally available.

10 loads is easily achievable from the Hornady brass especially if annealed and not loaded to max charge every time

Hard to find primers where I live for my 6ARC. Only thing available was CamPro 4.5/3-P3 small rifle primers manufactured in Bosnia. When I loaded them, they fit very tight in my once fired factory Hornady brass. I'm experimenting with some 95gr Berger Classic Hunters and Varget, but they are not grouping well, 1.0-1.5", 5-shot groups. The factory Hornady 108s consistently grouped the best at .25-.5 inches @ 100yds. Savage 110 Tactical bolt, 18" barrel, 7.5 twist, about 70 rounds through it with best velocity of 2751fps/29.5grs so far.

Anyone have any experience with these CamPro primers?

Last edited:
Hard to find primers where I live for my 6ARC. Only thing available was CamPro 4.5/3-P3 small rifle primers manufactured in Bosnia. When I loaded them, they fit very tight in my once fired factory Hornady brass. I'm experimenting with some 95gr Berger Classic Hunters and Varget, but they are not grouping well, 1.25-1.75", 5-shot groups. The factory Hornady 108s consistently grouped the best at .25-.5 inches @ 100yds. Savage 110 Tactical bolt, 18" barrel, 7.5 twist, about 70 rounds through it with best velocity of 2751fps/29.5grs so far.

Anyone have any experience with these CamPro primers?
Never heard of those primers.

My cousin just sent me this from the range. Shooting a 6 Major which is nothing more than 6.5grendel necked down. Too bad I had to work. 66gr Bart bullets.

Attachments

• FullSizeR.jpg
    FullSizeR.jpg
    269 KB · Views: 36
Just getting my own bolt action set up for the 6mm ARC. I am waiting for the 26" 7 twist prefit PVA Osprey barrel for my Bighorn TL3 action but have everything else to shoot factory ammo. Got the ammo, a couple MDT 12 round mags and a 6mm ARC boltface. I started looking into powders for loading and the ones mentioned in this thread came up and I looked into VV powders but couldn't find anything so wrote VV. Below is the data they sent me for the 105, 108 and 110 bullets I plan to use. Might be helpful to some others.

C0CA4F2C-7B80-467C-A6B9-D5C3487968D8.JPG

VV 105 6 arc.png

VV 108 6 arc.png

VV 110 6 arc.png