6ARC bolt action pet load?

Hard to find primers where I live for my 6ARC. Only thing available was CamPro 4.5/3-P3 small rifle primers manufactured in Bosnia. When I loaded them, they fit very tight in my once fired factory Hornady brass. I'm experimenting with some 95gr Berger Classic Hunters and Varget, but they are not grouping well, 1.25-1.75", 5-shot groups. The factory Hornady 108s consistently grouped the best at .25-.5 inches @ 100yds. Savage 110 Tactical bolt, 18" barrel, 7.5 twist, about 70 rounds through it with best velocity of 2751fps/29.5grs so far.

Anyone have any experience with these CamPro primers?

I'd just buy primers online - small rifle primers are in stock all the time. Buy a few bricks to off set the hazmat fee and you'll be good for a long time.

Just getting my own bolt action set up for the 6mm ARC. I am waiting for the 26" 7 twist prefit PVA Osprey barrel for my Bighorn TL3 action but have everything else to shoot factory ammo. Got the ammo, a couple MDT 12 round mags and a 6mm ARC boltface. I started looking into powders for loading and the ones mentioned in this thread came up and I looked into VV powders but couldn't find anything so wrote VV. Below is the data they sent me for the 105, 108 and 110 bullets I plan to use. Might be helpful to some others.

View attachment 471987

View attachment 471981
View attachment 471982
View attachment 471983
Leverevolution and CFE 223 does it for me. Easy to find a sweet spot. I have some loaded up with Hammers using 8208 to test.

I built a 6 ARC for Benchrest rifle this year. My first groundhog match didn't go as well as I wanted, but I did finish in the top five. I got the the same results finishing 6th in my first 600yrd IBS match in heavy gun. My competition season is very disrupted this year. So I haven't been able to really see what it can do yet. The attached pic is a 600yd load test finding it likes a .015" jam using Berger 105VLD Target. It's only a four shots. Rifle is a tuned Savage Mod 12 VLP action, Rifle Basix trigger at 2.5oz, 28" Pac-Nor Match 3 groove 1/7 twist. CRS benchrest stock. I use 6.5 Grendel Starline sized to 6 ARC, 26.5grn Varget, BR-4 primer.
Ballistic-X-Export-2023-06-16 11:17:51.513649.jpg

I've tried VV N540 with Berger 105 VLD Hunting and Hornady 105BTHP
It shot accurately at 100 yards with both bullets but was slow
Wasn't very consistent out past 600 yards

So far LVR is by far the best powder for my loads in my rifle
I get very close to the same speeds with 29.5 LVR vs 30.0 CFE, but LVR seemed to ramp up pressure quickly above 29.5. Very possibly due to the 95 degree heat I was shooting in. I may revisit again when I'm loading with 450s instead of 400s. I'm pretty sure the 31.0 LVR load I tried that pierced 2/5 was ~2850 with a 108, I'd have to check my notes to be exact, it was SMOKING for a 20" barrel, especially since I wasn't even quite to book max, and loading a bit longer than book.

I'm curious how much velocity change with temp I get with both CFE and LVR. If I can get a good enough sample across a wide enough range of temps strelok should make adjusting for it relatively easy. I'd prefer not to have to work up summer, fall, and winter loads if I can help it.

I had high hopes for staball match to be a truly temp stable ball powder, but with the data hodgdon just put out with it in an ARC, it won't get me to the speeds I want anyway...and is $$$.

Never heard of those primers.
The full name of the primers is:
UNIS "GINEX" CamPro 4.5/3-P3

They were difficult to load into my once fired Hornady brass using a Lee ERGO hand squeeze loader. Next time I'll use my larger Lee turret press to load them.

Wondering if anyone has compared these CamPro primers to CCI BR4, FEDs, Rems or other match grade primers for accuracy? Found this,

Last edited:
I've tried VV N540 with Berger 105 VLD Hunting and Hornady 105BTHP
It shot accurately at 100 yards with both bullets but was slow
Wasn't very consistent out past 600 yards

What was the load you used and barrel length? What were velocities?

26.5 inch X-caliber MTU contour 1:7.5 twist
Info I got was 25.3 gr minimum to 27.7 maximum
Loads were 2.30 coal
27-27.3 was best in my rifle but still below 2800fps
Again shot .52-.63 groups at 100 but not consistent enough for me out past 600