6ARC bolt action pet load?

Well when it hits you better jump on it. Only other brass producer is Hornady and I ve not seen one bag of brass! Pumping it into loaded ammo where they make more $$.

Frustrating when a new cartridge is introduced and the developer doesn't get brass in circulation. They (Hornady) did the same on the 7 PRC.

Well, this is disappointing

IMG_8117.jpeg

Well, this is disappointing

View attachment 456943Last September they told us Peterson 6ARC would be out 1st Qtr 23. Starline is supposed to have some in the works too but they said that over a year ago. My Horn brass is getting worn out. I save all my Grendel brass for ONLY for my Grendel. I May have to try my hand at hydro forming 7.62x39 into 6ARC. Since I don't have an AK, my son and I are less likely to grab the wrong ammo and shove 6.5 diameter rounds into a 6mm chamber.

I know this has been dead for a minute, but I think I have mine lined out enough to just pump out ammo and run it.

Howa mini 20" factory barrel
JTAC Elf Owl chassis
SiCo Hybrid
Starline 6.5G brass just ran through mighty armory sizer and trimmed
Cci 400s because I bought the 400 I currently have pre-primed, plan to run 450s next.

30.0 CFE223 will be my charge with both 105 hybrids and 108 eldm. 2730-2750 fps with high single digit sd over ~30 shots, I'd have to look to be exact. Worst 5 shot group has been .7 at 100, most are right at .5.

29.5 LVR shoots extremely close to that load, but LVR can be temperamental at top end, especially with the blazing temps we currently have. I loaded up to 31.0, and it pierced 2 of 5 primers there, so calling 29.5 my safe in any conditions load with LVR, even though 450s probably wouldn't pierce at 31.0

I'm REALLY liking my ARC. I slicked up the bolt with 220 then 600 grit clover compound, then lapped for a while with flitz cause it felt fairly rough out of the box. Not ruger bad, but...my savage 110 tactical was smoother out of the box. It's slick now, I'd say on par with most tikkas. Bolt lift could use some work, that's my next project on it.

Couldn't get the trigger as light as I wanted with the factory adjustment so did some research and ordered a pack of 4 x .5 x 10mm springs because I was tired of waiting on the slowboat from Aussie land gunbloke trigger kit to get here. I just trimmed the aftermarket spring to exact factory length and installed it and man...I don't even know if I'll bother swapping it for the 1.5lb gunbloke spring, it's already right at that after I swapped and trimmed the spring.

I have it set up with a 4.5-22 Razor LHT, and I think it's absolutely perfect for what I intended the gun to be, something fairly light that could ride around in the passenger seat with the collapsible stock and still reach 1k if needed. It's a good bit too light for a prs gun, but not bad. Recoil is light enough it's still fairly easy to watch trace and impacts. I can definitely see the appeal of a 26-28" 20lb ARC for competition, and may end up building one some day. It's great to be able to burn 30 grains of an easy to find and (relatively) cheap powder and get this kind of performance.

I will go grab my new load for the 108 berger elite hunters over Varget. I have been shooting that for the last month out to 800 yards and it has been more accurate and consistent than CFE or lever in my bolt gun.

I'm loving my Savage switchback. My favorite load is using the 108gr Berger Target, 27gr Varget, Hornady Brass, Federal Match primer. 2636fps, ES 6, SD3.4, shooting Suppressed at 2.264 COAL it shot .34MOA. So I took off the suppressor and installed an E. Cortina Tuner Brake and dialed in a 3/4" Group @ 200yds. Wow!

I ladder tested Varget from 27.0 to 27.8 and the worst group was .5MOA. Shot well enough to win 3rd place in a local bench rest match even though I made several mental mistakes and awful wind calls..

Attachments

• IMG_2209.jpeg
    IMG_2209.jpeg
    262.6 KB · Views: 33
Here is my Varget load. Bolt gun, 26" Proof steel barrel.
28.6 gr loaded to a COAL of 2.355" This does not fit into a standard AR mag but it works well in AICS pattern magazines. The MV is 2,845 at 1,500'. This load will consistently shoot in the .3" at 100 yards for 3-5 shot groups. This is on Hornady brass and BR-4 primers.