6.5x55 T3 lite options

AR15RDY

So I currently own a 25-06 in a t3 lite model and I want a 6.5x55 t3 lite. I would get a t3x lite in this caliber but they don't offer it with the synthetic stock it's only in the hunter and another wood stock model. I have a opportunity to buy a basic t3 lite with the adjustable cheek piece or t3 lite with a ss barrel or t3 lite with a mossy oak synthetic stock but with a fluted blued barrel. My question is which model should I get they only difference in cost is $80. Any advice would be appreciated.
Thanks

I bought an altra lite T3 in 30-06 (Cabelas model) and really like it for hunting but its a kicking mule. So I just ordered a 6.5x55 T3 lite stainless with a synthetic stock from Buds for a fun/goat/deer gun.
I'll post a pick when I get my gubby hands on it:D

Ya that's exactly the same one I've been considering. Just trying to figure out which one I should get of the 3 models

Do you wish the 25-06 had an adjustable cheek? Do you hunt is wet conditions a lot?
My hunting partner just bought the T3 CTR with the raised cheek, it works great with the bigger scope he put on it but for me its not needed with a 40 mm scope with low mounts. You can always camo a stock but I kinda like the pattern on my 30-06 and the flutted barrels helps lighten the weight and cool the barrel but does it matter to how you plan to use it?
The flutted stainless barrel on my 30-06 took a more load work than I like to get a load developed but its a shooter with IMR 4831 and 168 A Maxes

No my 25-06 doesn't have the adjustable cheek option. Rifle will be mainly a desert deer rifle in AZ. Lighter the better but the mossy oak pattern doesn't really fit and I'm not sure if I can hydrodip over it

I have a new factory take off synthetic stock from a Tikka T3 Lite and factory barrel in 6.5x55 Swede ,
Used the Tikka for my 6.5 Wolf Killer build with a Manners stock and Bartlein barrel and don't need the original parts.......

Several months ago I purchased a 260 Rem T3 Hunter. Although the wood stock
is nice to look at, the recoil lug was not a snug fit in the wood stock. I swapped out
the stock with the OEM plastic stock (from my 270 T3 which now sports a B & C).
The lug fits MUCH tighter in the plastic stock. I'm still working on a load the rifle
likes with 120 gr TTSX and 140 A-max's. Still around just a 1 MOA rifle so far.
My 270 with the B & C stock is .5 - .75 MOA (@ 100). If it doesn't improve, I will
buy another B & C for it. My experience so far is to go with the plastic stock over
the wood. YMMV.

Warning! This thread is more than 8 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Recent Posts