6.5x55 neck sizing

nrar15

Just got my Redding micrometer neck sizing die set. This is my first time using bushing dies and first time neck sizing. Set the dies up as per instructions. Redding said to go .001 under loaded case neck dia is this right? Also how much of the neck needs to be sized? Any help would be great. Not a bench rest shooter just want to see how good I can get my rifle to shoot. Thought I would try a good set of dies seeing as how much I have spent on the rifle already. Beats the hell out of drinking or smoking the money away. The rifle is a Savage long action that was sent to SSS for an Evilution trigger install and bolt handle has a Brux 30" barrel, Stockade T&V stock with adjustable cheek piece, EGW 20moa scope base, Warne QR rings, Leupold 8x25x50LR scope. Using Laupa brass 142SMK,s H4831sc powder and winchester primers have 20 round down the tube getting under .5 groups using Lee dies. And hope to do better.
THANK
Bob

Warning! This thread is more than 14 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.