6.5x47 Lapua - which dies?

petenz

Well I have my barrel, bullets and brass all ordered, but am still lacking dies.

What is recommended? Looking for most accuracy + easiest/fastest to use, I'm using Lee Collet neck dies for everything at the moment and love not having to lube cases... is it worth the $50US to get a custom 6.5x47 collet die?

Am thinking the Forster BR seater die, was going to get their neck die but they don't do it for the 6.5x47

And Sinclair's don't list any Redding dies for the 6.5x47???

I am eating your dust. I just ordered the Savage 12 BTV without the barrel and am looking at PacNor, McGowen, Douglas /Savage pre-fits for the 1:8 6.5mm to be chambered in 6.5x47 Lapua (with brass was easier for the 6.5 Jody). Since your are breaking the LRH ground for where I am headed please share which barrel maker and chambering reamer you chose ( I would love no turn necks ) for the 140 Berger and or 130 Scirocco II. Your post for dies was a month ago...and I too am wondering about the RCBS Gold Medal seater and Forrester shoulder bump dies...have not a good clue for FL dies except maybe Redding Type S. CR Rains SW of FW,TX [email protected]

The current Sinclair Catalog (2009-A) shows 6.5x47 dies from both Redding and Forster. I've used the Redding dies in this cal and like them a lot, but I'd trust either; Forster makes a great quality product as well.

Kevin Thomas
Berger Bullets

I would trust either Redding or Forester; You can always step up to custom dies for about the same price as some of the more obsecure Redding dies. I like Neil Jones, but there are others out there.

Jeffvn

Warning! This thread is more than 16 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.