6.5x284 partition

Gray R

Hey guys I came across some 140 grain partitions and I was wondering if anyone here had done an elk inside of 400 yards with a 140 grain 6.5 partition and what the results were. Thanks ahead of time

The partition bullets wok great. I have killed elk with a 130 gr partition in a 270 and elk with a 140 gr in a 280 but haven't shot a 6.5x284 shoud be ok with proper bullet placement I wouldn't worry about the bullet at all.

Last edited:
Thank ya very much. It's funny you mention the 280 that's my other dream caliber so it would be one of the two for an elk hunt if I went. I'd love to move out there and learn some day. How far are the average shots in your area?

Can be from 50 yards to a 1000 just depends on where the elk are. Most Antelope are around 500 unless they are on hay field deer around 400 unless on hay field also.

If you don't mind my asking which part of the state are you in? I'd like to research all avenues before I jump on a hunt

So you must be close to downtown Farson! It always cracks me up when I look at the weather channel for Farson's weather and it says the station is located 1 block from "downtown"...

I have used a 6.5x284 with a 140 g Berger on a couple of elk with no issues so I am sure a Partition would do just fine if you can get them to shoot decently.

Ok good. It's nothing pressing it'll be a while before I get the chance. I just switched to partitions from bergers cause all my shots are close and I was wondering if it would work when the time comes

Ah yes, the ice cream store!

Attachments

• Farson Ice Cream.jpg
    Farson Ice Cream.jpg
    43 KB · Views: 91
Warning! This thread is more than 11 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.