6.5mm 130 VLD

SealT5

I've read a lot of mixed reviews on whether they will expand or not on varmints. Coyotes mainly. I bought a 500ct box mainly for my 6.5 SAUM being built at the moment but have high hopes that they will shoot in my new 16.5" 6.5x47. One bullet would simplify my life. Any experience would be greatly appreciated. Thanks

I use the 130 Berger VLD's target in my 6.5 Creedmoor (A-10 w/26"Bartlein and a 28" bolt gun w/Bartlein Barrel. Both rifles have brakes and no suppressors. Both shoot 1/4 moa groups with the same load (42.0 gr H-4350) 2.812 coal. I mostly use them on steel but a number of times I have used them for hunting. Lets just say the ground hog at 400 yards had an exit hole you could stick a soda can in

Very nice! I plan to do some extensive coyote spanking with these. Shot a pup at 15yards this weekend. Spotted him come down the two tracker about 200yds out. He would have jumped in the keep of we didn't pop him. We will see. Appreciate the feedback

I have shot two coyotes with them. 1 at 100yd and 1 at 300. The 100yd one was a body shot and completely opened up the abdomen. The 300yd was a headshot that went in behind the ear and exited the opposite eye region. Took out the whole side on exit.

Sorry I should've been clear. I was just wondering in general what you guys were using. I ordered a creedmoor barrel and want to use prime 130 to get some brass and then either use 140/130s after. I shoot inside 500 yards so just weighing my options.

I shoot groundhogs with my 7mm-08 using Berger 140 grain hunting VLD's . I've not had problems with them opening up . most have been shot between 200 - 500 yards . I should have more pics , but these are the only ones I can find .

They are like shooting javelins at them. The VLD hunting versions will split coyotes in two inside of 400 yards in my experience. Out to 800+, they still expand.

Warning! This thread is more than 8 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.