6.5CM and 160gr. Bullet Knocked Hog Off Its Feet

Zen Archery

Ever seen a hog get knocked off its feet?
Check out what the 6.5CM and Hornady 160 RN Interlock Bullet did to this boar.

nvLY21Al.jpg

Nice!

Looked like he rolled all the way over to me...I've killed a bunch of hogs, first one in the late 80's and been doing my best to kill as many as i can. I can't recall see one roll over like that!

Matter of a fact...going tomorrow to see if the wife can roll another one!

Nice!

Looked like he rolled all the way over to me...I've killed a bunch of hogs, first one in the late 80's and been doing my best to kill as many as i can. I can't recall see one roll over like that!

Matter of a fact...going tomorrow to see if the wife can roll another one!

I wish I could get my wife to hunt with me. She doesn't want to kill anything. She will shoot with me and wanted her own so that's a plus. And she doesn't mind me hunting so I guess it could be worse. If she did hunt I'd more than likely be mad I get no time to myself.

It was a good kill but hogs have inflexible bodies. Its what allows you to rear leg them without getting gored when you hunt with dogs on a pig sticker hunt.

When shot hogs usually front leg buckle face plant and fall over, sit and fall over, or just fall over as on the video. Point being the all usually end in a body rol over.

I have honestly lost count of the numbers Ive taken. Spent a few summers and winters paid by farmers to keep down numbers around Victoria Shiner Tx area down almost to rockport. That is just a typical kill. The cool ones are the weird brain shots where they flip all over the place even catching good air. The other is when you roll them up when they are running wide open. Its like a train wreck. They are anything but graceful lol.

Warning! This thread is more than 6 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.