6.5 wsm

I'm also a pretty big fan of the 6.5WSM, last year I took delivery of a full blown custom 6.5 Wizzum.... Speck & load data here:

http://www.longrangehunting.com/forums/f19/6-5-wsm-first-day-range-updated-10-8-a-98413/

http://www.longrangehunting.com/forums/f53/longrifles-inc-6-5wsm-95408/

Field Results Here:

http://www.longrangehunting.com/forums/f19/updated-10-29-terminal-performance-6-5mm-130gr-ceb-99656/

Sorry for being lazy but there is more info in those threads than I can recall & put here for you.

FYI- I just received 50 of the new Cutting Edge G-10 140grain MTH... I'm super stoked about testing these.

t

BrentM, pacific tool and gauge makes reamers for the 6.5wsm, you can buy them from midway, or we rented one from 4D, decided to rent one and play with it bofore we buy one. redding and lee make dies for it soI just ordered a set of redding from Grafs, the 270wsm brass necks down very easily. This rifle I built has a Huskemaw blue diamond 5x20 on it, and I just got my turrets for it yesterday, all I can say is wow VERY impressive! @ 7000' 40 degrees she gets 1125 yds in 1 reveloution of the turret. thats only 20 Moa, and for a 10 mph wind its only 3 1/2 moa wind hold!!!! I know this round has more performance in it, and Im sure with a ittle expermenting with different powders and such just as outlaw6.0 has shown in his posts on his rifle. I really just started with H1000, tried retumbo, but went right back to the 1000. It now has a little over 110 rounds thru it, and we bore scoped it last week just to see what the throat looks like, well Im happy to say you could'nt tell it had ever had a round thru it, so I really think there is something about this meloniting, I know 110 rounds isnt much but for a pipe that is only expected to get700 to 1000 shots before its time to set the barrel back, its looking good!

Good info. I will look into this more. I will be with my buddy/outfitter this weekend and discuss details further with him. Personally, I think I will go this route too. That extra 300 plus fps sounds flat awesome for ELR on wolf.

Good info. I will look into this more. I will be with my buddy/outfitter this weekend and discuss details further with him. Personally, I think I will go this route too. That extra 300 plus fps sounds flat awesome for ELR on wolf.

I think the 6.5WSM would be a fantastic match for long range wolves... I can think of none better :rolleyes:

Keep us posted brother,

t

Cool. I still have to figure out what is going on with my current 6.5 and by the time I do I might need a new freaking barrel.

So speaking of which, I have a savage 116 in 6.5 x 284. Since it is a long action etc can I rebarrel this rifle and modify the magazine well to accept the WSM case? Really want to just use this rifle vs getting a new action etc. Thinking about a carbon barrel around 28" with a break. : )

Well after reading about all this
All I can say is the barrel is going to be chambered
And treated. On the way to the gunsmith on Monday
3 weight hart stainless fluted and treated after we are done with the metal work
Thanks for the help !!

Terry, you will not be disappointed! Im already planning to build one for mysf this year, the one we just finished is for my wife! :-(im already looking for a savage short action although I might go all out on a stiller!

Warning! This thread is more than 12 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.