6.5 WSM data

mmayberry

Can any one with a reload program (i.e. quickload) give me some perameters to start with to work up some load on my 6.5 WSM. I an using 140gr bergers and Retumbo and/or H1000. If it matters I have a 27" barrel with a 1:8" twist and the cases that I am using are Norma 270 WSM with the exact dimentions just necked down to 6.5mm.

Thanks for any help you can give, I know there is a wealth og information on this site and I know I am in good hands.

Matt

Matt, reloadersnest.com has a load listed with 70 grains of Retumbo under a 140gr Barnes for 3135fps. You might drop that by about 10% to start with. I know it ain't much but maybe it'll help. My gunsmith built himself a 6.5WSM last year and he really likes it. I'm not sure what powder he uses but he shoots 130gr bullets to almost 3300fps. I'll try to come up with some more info for you in a day or two.

You're right Ironworker. None of the short mags really gain anything over the regular length mags but alot of us just like the wildcat rounds. I love my 25/300WSM, and even tho I don't gain much if anything over the 257wby I've got a rifle that not just anybody has! I like being different! :D

You're right Ironworker. None of the short mags really gain anything over the regular length mags but alot of us just like the wildcat rounds. I love my 25/300WSM, and even tho I don't gain much if anything over the 257wby I've got a rifle that not just anybody has! I like being different! :D

I understand I shoot a 6x284 ,not too many have that cartridge. I also have a custom 7 WSM,I love those WSM cartridges.

Warning! This thread is more than 13 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.