6.5 SAUM - what do you think?

BrentM

About to finish this rifle. Need Scope and rings. Have an EGW rail for it, but just didn't get it installed yet. Did some cerakoting for the first time and it seemed to turn out fine.

Attachments

• SAUM 1.jpg
    SAUM 1.jpg
    31.8 KB · Views: 210
  • SAUM BOLT 3.jpg
    SAUM BOLT 3.jpg
    73.2 KB · Views: 164
Is that a 7 SAUM necked down or one of the specialty calibers out now based loosely off the 6.5 SAUM?

Scot E.

Brake is a Little Bastard.

I bought the action and barrel off of a LRH member. The barrel was extremely tight so I wound up spending a lot of time stripping it down and one thing led to another. I had cerakote I wanted to use and gave that a go.

This rifle is using 300 SAUM necked down and neck turned for the 6.5.

About to finish this rifle. Need Scope and rings. Have an EGW rail for it, but just didn't get it installed yet. Did some cerakoting for the first time and it seemed to turn out fine.

Looks good Brent. And that caliber rocks---you'll love it

Randy

This one will have a Vortex. It is going to the field today for load development by a friend. If it comes together today it is going on the mountain tomorrow for a deer hunt. I wish I could be there to set it up but I am heading out today for a hunt as well. If he likes it he is keeping it. I have 3 more projects I need to get to work on. 243, 7mag, and a 6.5-284. I have 204 I will redo after these are done.

Warning! This thread is more than 10 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.