6.5 PRC

Tommyjohn53

Hi everybody, new to the forum. My kids bought me a Browning X bolt long range hunter in the 6.5 PRC. I put a Leupold Mark 5HD 5x25x56 on it. Just got back into reloading so I have the RCBS dies, Hornady brass, Federal 210 LR primers, Berger 156 gn EOL's bullets but can't find any powders. First, any recommendations as to where I can buy any powders and 2nd, looking for any and all advice on loads for that bullet, thanks so much in advance!

Here is an option.

Attachments

• Screenshot_20210716-185240_Hornady Reloading.jpg
    Screenshot_20210716-185240_Hornady Reloading.jpg
    94.6 KB · Views: 283
MRP with ELDX bullets worked well for me, 7828SSC not so much. I'd like to try Retumbo but have not found any yet.

I have alot of powder but I bought a 6.5 PRC last week. Wow, I would have a better chance of finding a Polar Bear here in AR this summer than finding ANY brass it appears!:oops:
I have plenty other rifles to shoot but we all know how we get eager to try out a rifle.

Last edited:
I feel your pain on the brass issue! I built a 6mmARC this winter and have had brass on back order since January! Thank God I've found about 160 rounds of factory ammo! What you'll probably have too do just to get brass for loading!

For load data you can look at hornady 147/153 data. Back off max .5 for safety and work back up to it. Their info lists 55.7 as the max for RL26 and I run 55.5. As an example.

I have alot of powder but I bought a 6.5 PRC last week. Wow, I would have a better chance of finding a Polar Bear here in AR this summer than finding ANY brass it appears!:oops:
I have plenty other rifles to shoot but we all know how we get eager to try out a rifle.
You can back order brass at Creedmoor Sports and they won't charge you until it comes in.

Recent Posts