6.5 PRC testing with limited components

Cagfd101

I am awaiting arrival of my Bergara B14 HMR in 6.5 PRC and I am trying to gather some components. Initially, I wanted to experiment with H1000 or RL26 and Berger EOL and Nosler ABLR hardware, but all that stuff is unobtanium right now. What I do have is some 130 and 140 class projectiles (Bergers, Nosler BT and ELDX) IMR4831, H4831 and StaBALL HD. I have been loading for more traditional short action calibers for the last 10 years, so I don't have a stockpile of magnum powder lying around. Anyone have experiences with the StaBALL HD? I have used StaBALL 6.5 for several rifles that seem to like it. I really don't want to waste any components trying all sorts of things heading into our rifle season in November, so I am hoping some of you can share your info to help me get started! Have a great weekend y'all!

I have loaded StaBALL HD in a 6.5-06 using 140 grain Barnes Match Burners, Federal .30-06 reformed brass & Rem 9 1/2 & CCI 34 primers.

Screenshot (748).pngIMG_2002.JPG

These loads are about 2 grains less than 6.5 PRC load data. My LGS(s) have StaBALL HD & 6.5 PRC brass. No chrony data yet for CCI 34 loads.
I expect to get a 6.35 PRC before years end & will be using StaBALL HD.