6.5 PRC Hornady brass wont size correctly. Dent on shoulder. Confused.....

These are the dents in the shoulder
Sure looks like the classic excessive lube dent to me!
I had the exact same problem a while back with Hornady Creedmoor brass.
I was spraying the shyt out of them with one shot .
As stated before… I ended up rubbing my fingers on the lube pad and barely swipe the neck area and shoulder area with my finger.
Worked much better.

I agree with the consensus of Hornady brass!

Sure looks like the classic excessive lube dent to me!
I had the exact same problem a while back with Hornady Creedmoor brass.
I was spraying the shyt out of them with one shot .
As stated before… I ended up rubbing my fingers on the lube pad and barely swipe the neck area and shoulder area with my finger.
Worked much better.

I agree with the consensus of Hornady brass!
It was the lube. too much. Dents all gone now

Hello again everyone. Just got to the bench and put about 10-12 rounds through to test......

YOU GUYS ARE AWESOME!!!!! THANK YOU ALL!!!

I setup a test round and got it to chamber. Then tweeked up/down a few times on a couple others to fine tune. Then ran about EIGHT consecutive rounds that ALL chambered like BUTTER. I was even able to make the cases too SMALL if i wanted to!

This 6.5 PRC is VERY sensitive to sizing die adjustment. Much more than i realized. Wow

A 1/16 of a turn can make a HUGE difference.

I will never be able to thank you all enough.

You gentlemen are good people and its good to see people this smart AND helpful these days.

If any of you need ANYTHING that im able to help with please feel free to ask.

Again..... everyone.....THANK YOU SO MUCH!

View attachment 571068
Can't believe this wasn't suggested earlier, this has worked for me. Also if you change type of lube, clean dies.

Can't believe this wasn't suggested earlier, this has worked for me. Also if you change type of lube, clean dies.
My understanding is these will only size less than max. If your die is not pushing the shoulder back enough it wont help?

Recent Posts