6.5 PRC H1000 ELD-X Loads with Magnum Primers

General RE LEE

For my 6.5 PRC, I am going to build up some charges starting at 57 grains and work up to Hornady's max listed charge weight of 59 grains with H1000 and the 143 grain ELD-X. I am going to use CCI 250 magnum primers since I am low on Fed 210s. I am going to go with the 2.950 COAL.

Anyone shooting H1000 143 ELD-X loads with mag primers? What charge weight did you settle on?

A few years ago I ran a powder ladder on that combo with Hornady brass and CCI BR2 primers. I pressured out at 60gr. I think I had the bullet seated at 40 off so fairly safe. Your plan sounds good. If you plan to shoot your rifles highest powder node then maybe starting a little higher, like 57.8 or 58, will save some components. The load I settled on with this combo was 59.3gr H1000 at 30 off. It shot very good around 1/2 MOA with a velocity of 3120fps out of a 26in barrel.

A few years ago I ran a powder ladder on that combo with Hornady brass and CCI BR2 primers. I pressured out at 60gr. I think I had the bullet seated at 40 off so fairly safe. Your plan sounds good. If you plan to shoot your rifles highest powder node then maybe starting a little higher, like 57.8 or 58, will save some components. The load I settled on with this combo was 59.3gr H1000 at 30 off. It shot very good around 1/2 MOA with a velocity of 3120fps out of a 26in barrel.

I'm going to start a little lower at 57 or 57.5 grains cause I will be using magnum primers vs standard.

I'm going to start a little lower at 57 or 57.5 grains cause I will be using magnum primers vs standard.
Yeah, the magnum primers seem to pressure up faster, but you're likely way below the pressure line at 57. But, hey if you have components burn em. It will be interesting to see your data once to shoot it.

Yeah, the magnum primers seem to pressure up faster, but you're likely way below the pressure line at 57. But, hey if you have components burn em. It will be interesting to see your data once to shoot it.

Roger that. I might start at 58. I've got a Tikka T3 that hits pressure pretty early so not sure how this Bergara is going to react.

Recent Posts