Ramshot Magnum vs H1000 6.5 PRC

General RE LEE

Howdy friends and neighbors I've got some H1000 and Ramshot Magnum to work up loads for my 6.5 PRC with 143 ELD-X.

I'm not sure which one to use first. I've only got CCI 250 Magnum primers to use. Ive heard good things about both.

Which one should I try first if I'm using CCI 250 Magnum primers.

I got decent accuracy with magnum out of one of my prcs at 60grs with 143 eldx problem I ran into was not enough velocity 2901 avg. 57.5 gr h1000 I was at 3002 avg velocity and similar .5-6" groups.col was around 2.975 I used rem lr primers not magnum. So as always load up with your setup. My other prc I use 143s with rl26 at 56.5 gr at 2990 and .4 groups. Col on this rifle was 2.995

The only thing magnum will do better is velocity.
It's temp sensitive ~ 1.1 fps/ degree.
It does better with standard large rifle primers in the prc which you don't have.
H1k is superior in all other regards when it comes to the prc

I know some folks shoot magnum primers with ball powders exclusively. I am on the search for more standards. I've got about 200 left and those are for my 6.5 Creedmoor and 308.

I run Ramshot in my PRC, 127 LRX 3275 FPS .380" groups at 200 yards. 63 grains Ramshot over Federal 215 primer. 24" Christensen Mesa Barrel.
Temp sensitivity is an issue, load gets shelved in summertime due to pressure spikes.

I know some folks shoot magnum primers with ball powders exclusively. I am on the search for more standards. I've got about 200 left and those are for my 6.5 Creedmoor and 308.
It's not all ball powders it's ramshot magnum+ magnum primers in the prc/saum case that yields high sd/es and makes a fps gain/loss more prevalent.
I've shot a couple hundred pounds of us869 over magnum primers with no I'll effect.
Unless you can develop a load when it's cool and only shoot it when it's cool ramshot magnum isn't your huckleberry

Howdy friends and neighbors I've got some H1000 and Ramshot Magnum to work up loads for my 6.5 PRC with 143 ELD-X.

I'm not sure which one to use first. I've only got CCI 250 Magnum primers to use. Ive heard good things about both.

Which one should I try first if I'm using CCI 250 Magnum primers.
I use H1000 with 3 different 6.5 prc guns and with 3 different bullets . Using cci 250's. Try H1000 great for hunting loads

It's not all ball powders it's ramshot magnum+ magnum primers in the prc/saum case that yields high sd/es and makes a fps gain/loss more prevalent.
I've shot a couple hundred pounds of us869 over magnum primers with no I'll effect.
Unless you can develop a load when it's cool and only shoot it when it's cool ramshot magnum isn't your huckleberry

The first part of your statement I will agree with. Mag primers do tend to yield higher SD/ES, pretty much everywhere I've used them.

The second part... my experience is completely different. Granted i'm using it in a 6mm-284 which is not quite PRC capacity but still nearly 60grns of powder with a 210M. From 50*F to +90*, i've had zero issues with temp stability/pressure problems.

t

The first part of your statement I will agree with. Mag primers do tend to yield higher SD/ES, pretty much everywhere I've used them.

The second part... my experience is completely different. Granted i'm using it in a 6mm-284 which is not quite PRC capacity but still nearly 60grns of powder with a 210M. From 50*F to +90*, i've had zero issues with temp stability/pressure problems.

t
Your 6mm norma experience doesn't translate to the prc/saum case.

Also how are you measuring "zero temp issues"? You'll likely have a +60-75fps spread at those temp ranges. Maybe that isn't an issue for the type of shooting your doing but there's much more stable powders out there.
There's a reason why magnum, lrt, hunter et el are almost always available even during shortages.