COAL? - Factory 6.5 PRC 143 ELD-X

epags

Not sure for what reason you are asking but-"Depending on many factors, individual bullets, even from the same box, can vary in length by up to ~0.020 inch. This reduces precision when measuring COAL from tip-to-base of the cartridge. Cartridge ogive-to-base measurements using a comparator usually vary only ~0.004 inch or less, offering much greater precision."

SFMongo

Don't understand the question SAAMI has your recommended COAL just go to the site for one. Second your COAL depends on the bore and distance to the lands in your specific rifle.. Or am I off base? If so I apologize.

skipglo

LRH Team Member
Don't understand the question SAAMI has your recommended COAL just go to the site for one. Second your COAL depends on the bore and distance to the lands in your specific rifle.. Or am I off base? If so I apologize.
He was asking for the COAL of the factory out of the box ammo as sold....just to help answer your question

5oomiles

I just measured a box of mine and they varied in length by.006. The COALs were 2.950 - 2.956 and the CBTOs were 2.324 - 2.330 respectfully. I think I will bump mine all down to the same length😎