6.5 prc enough gun for elk

You can't use target bullets being a poor choice as a blanket statement.

This is a great example of the fuddlore that surrounds "mAtCh bOoLeTs"!
"BuT muh box says it's for tahrgets!!l"

Bullet construction and terminal ballistics are not binary concepts. Different bullets do different things at different speeds and on different targets.
If you wanna shoot em behind the shoulder and incinerate all of the internals, that's a very effective means. Want to anchor them quartered toward through bone? That'll end them too, but it's a different projectile need.

No, just lived and hunted in TX for 12 years. Now I actually have to work for it lol. I miss easily filling all my whitetail tags each year to be honest. I could eat venison every week back then.

CA is really varied terrain. We have pine forests where I use tree stands for bow and we have wide open nothin to hide behind so a really good long range rifle is in order. There ain't no "stalkin" where the biggest cover is a cactus.

CA is really varied terrain. We have pine forests where I use tree stands for bow and we have wide open nothin to hide behind so a really good long range rifle is in order. There ain't no "stalkin" where the biggest cover is a cactus.
Big difference between hunting D16 and D14 also. I never cared for much of D16. I grew up hunting D14. Real mountains. D12 and D17 are some tough desert hunts that I would never bow hunt.

Big difference between hunting D16 and D14 also. I never cared for much of D16. I grew up hunting D14. Real mountains. D12 and D17 are some tough desert hunts that I would never bow hunt.
16 is my bread and butter. I've been skewing the kill results for quite a few years. I'm 16 for 17 as far as kills. **** covid. Had a few years dry and a few years doubled up. The year my Dad passed I didn't even go up.

You are so right. As a dumb kid at 13 I shot a spike with a Sheridan pellet gun from a hip shot.It the heart.He didnt runt 20 feet into the yaupon bushes.I didnt know I hit it until I heard the few leg kicks in dead leaves.
Ive never had a deer/elk run off.Most took a few steps if any.Ivee not shot anything past 400 yds except one antelope and it was quite a ways.
People that cant hit a 3 inch target at 100 yards dont need to hunt big game in my opinion.. Thats just my opinion anyway.
I have friends that can hit a dime at 200 yds but can't take down a buck without 3 or 4 shot attempts at the same distance!!