6.5 Nosler 120 gr. Ballistic Tip Real BC

IAHNTR

I am going to be shooting with a friend that shoots a 6.5x284, shooting Nosler Ammo loaded with the 120 gr. Ballistic Tip.

The advertised BC is 0.458. Wondering if this BC is inflated like I've read Nosler does. Anyone have a "better", more real world, BC for this bullet, or is this close enough? I've always used Berger bullets using their posted BCs. But, as I said, I've read that Nosler might embellish a little on their BCs.

Thanks for the help.

Can't tell your your bullet's BC but I think I can get you close

I used Bryan Litz's BC for many nosler ballistic tips. Typically multiply Nosler's BC by .91 and you will be very close.

I found the real world drop from 100 to 570 to be 11.5 moa which equals Noslers G1 of 0.458 * 0.72 = 0.329 for a real world BC. I would have thought it would have been closer to what Nosler states?????

Zeroed gun at 100, strapped on Magnetospeed to get an average speed then played with the BC to get it to match with actual shooting.

I always used the BC that Nosler stated with JBM and my drops out to 500yds were good. That's as far as I took the 120gn NBT but it was very accurate in my Savage 112 6.5-284. My goups average 2.5" but I had a few that were in the 1.75" at 500yds. JohnnyK.

Yeah, this was in a 6.5x284, factory loads chronoed at 3112 with magnetospeed 10 minutes before shooting at 570 yards. As I wrote, it took 11.5 MOA to get elevation on.

I played with JBM to get the BC to match the drop and it comes out to roughly 72% of what Nosler states.

This is my first time with these bullets, so maybe I'm messing up somewhere???

Warning! This thread is more than 9 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.