6.5 Grendel Upper Build

Autorotate19

Hi Im wanting to put together a 6.5 grendel upper build for coyotes/deer. Im thinking something handy like 20" barrel that super accurate but yet lightweight. I was thinking of going with the Lilja 20" fluted barrel. As far as the rest not sure yet. What other parts would you guys suggest to make this as accurate as possible? Thanks

Hi Im wanting to put together a 6.5 grendel upper build for coyotes/deer. Im thinking something handy like 20" barrel that super accurate but yet lightweight. I was thinking of going with the Lilja 20" fluted barrel. As far as the rest not sure yet. What other parts would you guys suggest to make this as accurate as possible? Thanks

I just built mine a couple weeks ago. Went with a Satern 24" stainless 5R 1:8 barrel with a Grendel II chamber. Haven't shot it yet, but have a few boxes of factory Hornady Match 123 A-Max ready to break in the barrel.

D026D8DC-407C-4A95-9835-55AAD323500E_zpsojcs7vk0.jpg

The Handguard is an alg ergonomic, 13". It is very slim as you can see, so milled out a little to be sure of clearance over the large .93 jp gas block. It comes with the barrel nut tool to remove and a few different shims to index barrel nut for both proper torque and gas tube alignment. See thier web sight for info regarding how the wrench is used to do that. Basically, it has Pre determined indes on it and you torque by tightening it a specified distance from one mark to another after inserting the proper color shim. It is very well thought out. Instructions and tool and shims come with upper.

Put it together the other day. Went with a Lilja 20" barrel, Noveske billet upper, Bravo Company kmr 15" handguard, Rainier match bolt carrier.

Just got a present for my Grendel today... Shipping took long enough, but with the bad weather and flooding and holidays it could have been worse...

Got 2 boxes for $50 more than what 1 box retails for...So I couldn't pass them up at that price.

136613AE-5093-4FD2-B61C-7D3D4F87BB27_zpsh1ffp19k.jpg

Warning! This thread is more than 8 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.