6.5 grendel uppers at Midway USA

760 is a touch to slow, it would shoot but velocities would be puney. AA2520, Reloader 15, imr 4320

Everything ive read said exactly the same thing youre saying which is why im patiently waiting for things to get back to normal but Im having my doubts about what normal is now. How about superformance powders? I love the 150 gr superformance ssts in my 308.

We finished her .264lbc (6.5 Grendel) build and it is a great rifel. 18" barrel, Houge overmold forend and grip, CTR stock w/hydralic buffer and Simms limb saver pad, Seekins adj. gas block, topped w/NightForce 3.5x15x50 NSX w/Velocity retical, Timiney trigger, had it dipped in Muddy Girl Camo. This is the first weekend out for her.

Attachments

• IMG_0682.jpg
    IMG_0682.jpg
    52.4 KB · Views: 126
  • IMG_0679.jpg
    IMG_0679.jpg
    46.7 KB · Views: 120
Wow, I guess you can tell im not a reloader. Yet. But i'll learn. I thought with the faster fps the powder would be hotter.

If you have a chronograph you may want to try your Win 760, it does meter well and with bullets on the light end of the Grendel bullet spectrum there should be plenty of room

I use to use 760 in some 6mm BR loads and it shot well, right in there with Varget, N203b, V N540, etc....

Have a new 6mm AR Turbo AI that uses the Grendel case, and so far I have been able to use close to the same recipes in it as I use in the 6mm BR...

Given how hard it is to come by powder these days, if I had some 760 I'd give it a go...

If you have a chronograph you may want to try your Win 760, it does meter well and with bullets on the light end of the Grendel bullet spectrum there should be plenty of room

I use to use 760 in some 6mm BR loads and it shot well, right in there with Varget, N203b, V N540, etc....

Have a new 6mm AR Turbo AI that uses the Grendel case, and so far I have been able to use close to the same recipes in it as I use in the 6mm BR...

Given how hard it is to come by powder these days, if I had some 760 I'd give it a go...

My buddy reloaded some 168 gr Speer bthp with the 760 powder in my .308 brass i had saved up and I shot them in my Savage bolt action that was set up for 150 gr Superformance (same as my DPMS) and at 100 yards they were shooting 6"" lower then the Superformance. I know theres some difference in the bullets and the powder but doesnt that seem to be quite a bit of drop at 100 yards?

My buddy reloaded some 168 gr Speer bthp with the 760 powder in my .308 brass i had saved up and I shot them in my Savage bolt action that was set up for 150 gr Superformance (same as my DPMS) and at 100 yards they were shooting 6"" lower then the Superformance. I know theres some difference in the bullets and the powder but doesnt that seem to be quite a bit of drop at 100 yards?

Without knowing his load data it's hard to say, with the right ratio of 760 there should not be 6" difference at 100 yards.....I assume you are talking about hand loaded Superformance and not factory loads?

I was comparing Factory Superformance 150 gr SSTs to my hand loaded 168 gr Speer bthp with Winchester 760 powder. I'll get the ratios and post em later for your critique so I can figure out what the difference is.

Warning! This thread is more than 11 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.