6.5 Creedmoor

Akoutdoors

Got to break in my Savage Predator left hand today. It's a 6.5 creedmore with Talley rings and wearing a Vortex Viper HS-T 4-16x44 ,Butler Creek caps and Harris bipod.

Shot Hornady 120 Amax and 140 Amax and the gun really like the 140s. Can wait to shoot out past 300. Looks like I might have a new favorite gun,

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    121.5 KB · Views: 175
Holy crap! LOL I have a nearly identical setup, even a Lefty :cool:
I'm running a NightForce 20moa base, Griffin Armament rings (came free with the scope) & a 4-16 PST.... great minds :D

Interesting report on the ammo, mine LOVES the 120's & generally doesn't shoot the factory 140's worth a hoot. It was perty fouled though, i've since given it a good cleaning & I intend to retest.

t

So far I really like the Vortex Viper HS-T. Very positive clicks and its nice and light. The zero stop isn't my favorite but work good just a bit different. I have about 42 MOA of elevation so it should get me to 1100 yards. Compared it to my 50 mm leupold and nightforce at dusk and it was darker.

I've only shot about 16 rounds thought it so hopefully it will keep shooting the 140s well. I also loaded up some 130 bergers to see how they do!

My Creedmor loves the 140's. The 120's are OK just not as good as the 140's. Id like to try the 130 VLD's but i have a bunch of 140 A-Max bullets to use up first.

I was referencing the Hornady Factory Match ammo. I have no doubt I can get the 140's to shoot. I too intend to load the 130 HVLD (when I finally buy dies). First expenditure on this rifle is not dies however, I will be ditching the factory stock for an XLR chassis first.... I can't stand this stock lol

t

Warning! This thread is more than 11 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.