6.5 Creedmoor

backcountryguide

Just got my second build back from Lorenzo at Deadly Precision. Rifle was built on a Remington short action trued with a pinned Stiller recoil lug. Barrel is a 28" Bartlein in Rem varmit contour pillar and glassed into a Manners T2. We used detachable Badger bottom metal with AI 5 and 10 round mags. All metal was bead blasted and coated black with KG and the T2 was painted Lorenzo's version of flat dark earth. On top we went with a Nightforce 3.5-15 x 56 with mill zero stop knobs set in Nightforce UL low rings and a 20 moa NF base. Running the Berger 140gr Hybrids on top of 43gr of H4350.Just start running the Atlas bipod and I don't think I will ever shoot another Harris on my rifles. Almost forgot the extended bolt handle that is tig welded in place with a nice size knob.

Attachments

• 6.5 Creedmoor.jpg
    6.5 Creedmoor.jpg
    107.6 KB · Views: 152
I considered a 6.5 as my go to rifle but instead went 308 because the 6.5, if you need replacement cartridges on a hunt, availability is zip. 308's are as close as WallyWorld or used to be at least.

Ballistics are better but I can live with that.

Its been a lot easier to get stuff for the Creed lately that was one of the reasons we chambered for it. .308 brass is just not around or loaded ammo for that matter. After a bit of barrel break in my creed was one holing everything we fed it. I love the roundgun)

Very nice build. I personally own two 6.5 Creedmoors. One T2K and a Cooper Excaliber. I am considering rebarreling a third mid-weight rifle to the Creedmoor. You have spent money on all of the best components. Why blueprint a 700 when there are so many better of the shelf custom actions available with the same footprint? Not to 'dis' your rifle but by the time you blueprint a Remington, you could have a custom action that is already close tolerance. Doesn't seem cost effective to me unless availability was the issue.

Its funny you said that. Me and Lorenzo had this same talk the day I picked up the Creed. First I got a rock bottom deal on the Rem. It came in an HS stock with two sets of Badger metal. It being a .308 Win and me already owning a badass long barreled .308 that Lorenzo also built I needed to do something with it. I agree there are better ways to spend money and my next build will be on a Stiller Predator action chambered in .338 Norma also smithed by DPG. So there are several reasons for one to true up a rifle they already own IMO and also some very good reasons to start with a custom.

Warning! This thread is more than 11 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Recent Posts