6.5 creed with H1000

H-1000 in a creedmoor is useless and I doubt it would develop enough pressure to seal the case and most of it will burn outside the barrel. Why would you even consider this powder? There are much more efficient powders. Instead of hotrodding a target cartridge, why not go to a cartridge designed for more giddyup? 6.5 Wby, 6.5x284, PRC? I never got the CM thing. Classic marketing hype

There are 15+ powders listed in my Sierra book for 6.5 CM, and H1000 only makes it's appearance as the slowest of 12 powders for 150gr HPBTs. It caps out at 100 FPS slower than the top 5, and 200 FPS slower than the fastest.

Everything more typical beats it. H4350, IMR 4350, Rl16, RL17, RL19, H100V, and H4831. Seems like a waste to even try it.

I ask because I have more than plenty of H1000. I have cut way back on my reloading. It would be nice to use the same powder on the couple of rifles I am going to reload for. One a 300 Rum the other a long range varmint caliber. I have a chance to buy a 6.5 Creed. That is what got me thinking about it.

Last edited:
I ask because I have more than plenty of H1000. I have cut way back on my reloading. It would be nice to use the same powder on the couple of rifles I am going to reload for. One a 300 Rum the other a long range varmint caliber. I have a chance to buy a 6.5 Creed. That is what got me thinking about it.
So many people are looking for a can of H1000 that I'm sure you could easily trade 1 or 2 cans for powder better suited to the Creed.
Good luck.