6.5-7PRC... the first one!

kgunz11

I believe this to be the 1st of its kind. It's the Hornady 7PRC necked down to 6.5mm. Should be able to launch 140gr class bullets over 3200fps. Thinking of the 153gr Atip at 3150+. Powders to play with are RL26, RL23, H1000, Retumbo, and N568.
Borden long action
Benchmark 7.5tw straight fluted #4 @ 26"
Hawkins 3 port brake
Hawkins Obendorf bottom metal
McMillan Apex LR stock

20221208_142755.jpg

Man, just when I thought I didn't need another rifle 😅

Sign me up. It can be the cousin to my 6.5WSM.

OP- I like the idea of the 6.5-7PRC way better than I to the straight up 7PRC, which does absolutely nothing for me. Great idea.

t

You beat me to it! Lol. It I'm doing the improved version. 156-160grainers @ 3300ish would be perty sweet 1000yd rifle.

Do you have any result to share? Powder, bullet weight, velocity. It is always interesting to me the striking of balance bullet weight, powder burnt, velocity, barrel length, barrel life all combined together, to determine if the diminishing returns of being overbore are worth the trade offs. I know it is a trade off base on individual preference. In my "worth the extra bang/expense" are the 28 nosler, 300 ultra mag. Where do diminishing ruturns start for you?

A 26 nosler is like driving a top fuel drag race car to the grocery store to pick up a gallon of milk. This is more like driving a dodge viper. Still fun still fast but a little more sensible.