6.5-300 Weatherby loads?

338Bearslayer

Little late to the fuss about these new fangled 6.5 rounds as I have had a 6.5 Swede and a 6.5-284 Norma for years. Impulsively I recently bought a custom built 6.5-300 Wby on gun broker due the interest in the fact that I already have a couple 6.5's and it's a lefty 700 action. I try to swoop up any left hand guns I can as both my boys, my parents, brother and myself all shoot lefty. That being said I seem to be aboard the struggle bus trying to locate any reloading data on the round. I'm pretty prevalent to the Berger's in my other two curious to anyone else shooting thin in the weatherby?

If this a Weatherby chamber the free bore may be longer than a normal chamber.

The free bore for a factory chambered 6.5 X 300 Weatherby Magnum is 0.2037 inches. If it is a factory chambered 6.5 x 300 Weatherby Magnum, the Hodgdon data can be used. Since the rifle is custom made, it would be a good idea to have a gunsmith determine exactly what the chamber is.

I'm having to call manufactures of bullets and powders to find any reliable data

Warning! This thread is more than 4 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.