6.5-300 Weatherby info with 156gr EOL

I have tried doing searches but have been unsuccessful and would appreciate any info. Not looking for exact powder charges just powders that gave good results the 156gr EOL or heavier bullets. Thanks in advance and sorry for my inabilities with technology.

I'm hoping to get some time to do load work up with N570. Might be ok, case fill was in the 90's according to Berger . You can call Berger for recommendations and start/max loads. I've had excellent accuracy results with 8133 but not the fastest results. I didn't like 869 for temp reasons. Hoping to get some time before fall

I would get some IMR 8133, RL33, or even H50BMG. That's a big overbore case with a big heavy bullet. You'll need some really slow burning powder to get the best results.

I called Berger and they had a ton of info but all recommendations were for super slow burning powders. I'm going to give Reloader 50 a try. My first choose would be H50BMG but the only place I found it online had a limit of 2 lbs and a $30 hazmat and $25 shipping. Too steep for me

I've really wanted to try one of these. RL50 will give good case fill and speed. Probably be a lot easier in regards to throat wear vs N570/RL33 as well. It has been from people I trusts observations in big cases like 33xc and 375 cheytac.

I called Berger and they had a ton of info but all recommendations were for super slow burning powders. I'm going to give Reloader 50 a try. My first choose would be H50BMG but the only place I found it online had a limit of 2 lbs and a $30 hazmat and $25 shipping. Too steep for me

I did the same thing for my .264 WM (26" 1:7" 5R)/156 Berger and got similar recommendations for slow-burning powders ...

.264 156 Quickload from Berger.JPG

Warning! This thread is more than 4 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.