6-284 ?

so if i was mostly going to shoot the 55gr bt but sometimes the 87gr. vmax what twist would you go with? thanks for all the help so far

[ QUOTE ]
SamSpade what do you mean by not being impressed with the 55gr. bt on chucks at 300yrds. wind drift or what? thanks

[/ QUOTE ]
I want my chucks to go aerial or at least throw them around a little. I can get "bang-flop" with my 222.

[ QUOTE ]
so if i was mostly going to shoot the 55gr bt but sometimes the 87gr. vmax what twist would you go with? thanks for all the help so far

[/ QUOTE ]
Mine is a 12 twist and the absolute maximum weight bullet I can get to stabilize is the 87 gr Vmax. If I did it again I would go with a 10 twist which would or should give me a broader range of bullet weights?

My dad has a 12 twist in one of his and can shoot up to the 90gr B-tip in that rifle. The other one he has is a 10 twist which he is planing on using the 95 Berger or 95 B-tip in. If it was me I would go with a 9 twist and shoot the 80gr Berger or 87gr V-max. If you want to go lighter than that a 70gr B-tip will handle the 9 twist well also. The 6-284 shoots very flat with just about any bullet you feed it just depends on what you want out of it. My dad's 12 twist rifle has a 25inch K&P Barrel and he was pushing the 80gr Berger at 3720fps and that load really smokes a yote at 500 yards.

Warning! This thread is more than 18 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Recent Posts