.50cal

"State considers becoming first to ban .50-Caliber rifle" this is what i read in my local newspaper yesterday morning (The Times Union) The 'blotter' above the article reads "Terrorism Concerns" To be honest Im not sure how to handle this news. Are there any other members from NY? I am looking for ways to fight this leglistation. Does anyone have any information about the proposed ban. I figured i would turn to the long range guys for info on this long range problem. Thanks.

Vinny:

I am usually middle of the road on anti/pro gun control, but I agree this is just the start if the antis get this one through the ASSembly. The facts just don't add up to support a .50 cal ban. According to the .50 cal association and the NRA there has only been once crime ever committed in the U.S. with a .50 Cal. After the first one goes through do they next ban .338 Lapua, Magnum hunting calibers, and eventually the 22 LR. Find out what your NY state assembly member and senators position are on their corresponding bills and let them know how you feel!!

Warning! This thread is more than 21 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.