Longest Shot for Competition or Just Target 338 to 50Cal

Coyote Shadow Tracker

LRH Sponsor
I just wanted to check with everyone on this site for their longest shot in either Competitions or just Target. Many of you have seen our posts on the 338 Perfect Build from Jill and I. Right now just waiting on the Reamers from JGS for our 338LMAI and then after we fire form a few cases our Dies from Windom. We have all the brass, bullets, powder, and primers. We bought two Krieger 338 Barrels 9.35:1 in diamter1.45 to 1.00" taper 33". At the time it was all I could get. I'll turn down the 1.45 to 1.35 on the barrel for the actions. Going to get McMillan XIT Stocks and still waiting on the actions.
We are thinking on shooting at 1760yrds -one mile and then going to 2.300 & 2,500 competition. Would like to know if anyone on here has been in the ELR circuit and how far you shot?. I am thinking that the longest distance for competition is the famous " 2 MILE CHALLANGE" 3,520Yards.
Anyone shooting farther than that and what calibers are they shooting?????????????????
The rifles we are building 338LMAI are to get to the 2K range. Kind of got hooked on ELR a little while ago. Would love to know what everyone else is shooting and what their goal is. Can be for hunting, competition or just plain fun target.
WOULD LIKE TO KNOW IF YOU ALREADY SHOT AT DISTANCE AND RESULTS

Thanks
Len & Jill

Last edited:
Just located and ranged 2009-2011 yards, will be shooting this winter after hunting season. CA Mesa long range 300 prc, 245 Berger's @2940. Across a canyon with some weird winds. Can't afford to go any further ha ha!

Just located and ranged 2009-2011 yards, will be shooting this winter after hunting season. CA Mesa long range 300 prc, 245 Berger's @2940. Across a canyon with some weird winds. Can't afford to go any further ha ha!
Good luck at 2K with squirrelly winds with a 300PRC. Have you stretched its legs to 1 mile yet with good results?

Lol, nope. Planning on getting it ready over at rock lake out to 1500 but it's windy there too. Be aiming around 110' above the target @ 2010 yards so ya lol, will be some Kentucky windage going on. Definitely not going to win any elr matches with it but you asked so there you have it!