50 B&M Alaskan Where are Dies and Reamers?

ktk120

Looking to have a gunsmith turn a siamese mauser action into a 50 B&M Alaskan. However it seems there are no dies and no chamber reamers anywhere. Does anyone know how one would get into this caliber? I heard possibly that the reamers are proprietary and SSK who is listed on the B&M cartridge website said they are no longer doing anything in this caliber and dont have reamers.

Any help is appreciated?

50 alaskan is different than 50 B&M Alaskan. B&M is necked down from .510 to .500 to use the more available .500 bullets

I believe SSK was the only place licensed to build all of the B&M cartridges. You could also reach out to Michael McCourry at B&M.

I loaded ammunition for a 50 B&M Alaskan built on an original Model 71 for a friend. It was a beautiful gun and a very cool cartridge. It's ballistically equal to the 50 Alaskan, but with more bullet options, what's not to love!

I believe SSK was the only place licensed to build all of the B&M cartridges. You could also reach out to Michael McCourry at B&M.

I loaded ammunition for a 50 B&M Alaskan built on an original Model 71 for a friend. It was a beautiful gun and a very cool cartridge. It's ballistically equal to the 50 Alaskan, but with more bullet options, what's not to love!

Thats what I'm thinking. With SSK not an option and as of yet no response from Michael I'm unsure whats going on.

Hornady made the dies I have for 50 B&M AK
Michael McCourry supplied them, but Hornady made them, has the specs

Thats what I'm thinking. With SSK not an option and as of yet no response from Michael I'm unsure whats going on.
Is ssk not doing all the b&m cartridges or just this one? I was getting ready to call them about one but didn't get to it.

Bummer that's good to know. Glad I didn't pick up the wssm action last week....

There was an outfit in palmer that was doing a .500 version of the. 510 Alaskan very similar to the b&m. I'm gonna have to dig through my business cards and see if they still exist.... was probably from back in 19'.