5 shot groups 3 together and 2 fliers?

Whats your velocity at each one
I'm using a very old partially broken chrono and I believe these numbers are not right. I will be getting a better one but until then this and my groupings are what I have

Attachments

• Screenshot_20230709_201743_Samsung Notes.jpg
    Screenshot_20230709_201743_Samsung Notes.jpg
    61.5 KB · Views: 22
200 eldx and cci250. I havent touched seating depth yet with the new powder I was just trying to find the nodes where the groups hit the same POI. I was almost thinking the same thing

If you shot a 20 shot group those "fliers" would probably be part of the whole group.

Barring any scope, action screw, or scope mount issue they are probably not fliers
Indeed they will. People are obsessed wit sub 0.5 moa 3-5 shot groups and don't realize they're not real. If you stack your sub 0.5 moa groups on top of each other, they won't be anywhere close to 0.5 moa

Chrisb97 - I applaud your efforts, but I think it is time to try a different bullet. You may go through a lot of components and simply find out your rifle doesn't like the 200 gr. eldx.
I think I'm gonna do 1 more round of testing and then call it quits. I'm gonna do the 67.8 grain load and try some different seating depths and see if I can get my ES and accuracy dialed in. If I don't get results I'll be switching to the 185 berger hybrid

Well I took it out and went through 5 charge weights in .1 grain increments and finally got my sinclair expander mandrels and set it for .002 neck tension. My 3 shot groups were within 10fps and 2 groups were .7". I think I'm gonna settle on this load. Thanks for everyone's input. I believe my neck tension was playing a huge part in it

Well whoever guessed my ES was over 130fps would've been correct. I have never had my my ES that far off and I had over 2 inches of vertical stringing this time around. I am very particular about my loading so after 60 rounds with ramshot magnum I believe it's time to switch to h4831sc. I have not had good luck so far with the ramshot
Ramshot Magnum produced terrible ES and groups in three different cartridges for me. I will reserve it for plinking loads for my kids I guess.

Back in 1998, I was doing the initial testing of our new AR-15 uppers chambered in 50 Action Express and 440 Corbon. I was getting the exact same thing. 3 shots would pile into one hole, then 2 shots would pile into another hole about two inches away. After reducing the barrel twist, the problem went away. I believe we started around 1:18 and settled on 1:25. If you go to the Pac-Nor website, you will see that you can buy .500 and .429 barrels in 1:25 twist. I paid for the tooling to make that happen.

Tony Rumore
Tromix