45-70 rimless

I wanna' know how you plan to set the headspace on a straight walled, rimmed cartridge that has no rim! Turn the rim of a 45/70 down to less than .504", what does the case headspace on? What is the extractor going to engage, for extracting the case? Rimmed cases headspace off of the rim! The rim is also what the extractor 'grabs'......
It would headspace on the mouth like the 350L, 450 BM, 45 Raptor.

But what would the extractor grab is a great and meaningful question.

I wanna' know how you plan to set the headspace on a straight walled, rimmed cartridge that has no rim! Turn the rim of a 45/70 down to less than .504", what does the case headspace on? What is the extractor going to engage, for extracting the case? Rimmed cases headspace off of the rim! The rim is also what the extractor 'grabs'......
I'm not planning to use the same case, just another rimless case. Some place in AZ made an auto 45-70 in a rimless for an AR (not a belated like 450M). Trying to get a larger case for more speed. That's going to take more pressure also.

I have three Blr's I would be glad to get you mag lengths if you need. I have a 358,270 win and 450 marlin

Sorry I was thinking you may need to know length if you were planning to build on one.
They should be at least 3.340", but I've never checked. There were blr's in short mags and that's why I'd been thinking of a lever being able to take higher pressure loads. This unlike 1895's and henry's or other straight walled cartridges. Get a mag bolt face and maybe neck to .458 for a custom chamber.